Hypertension Information Center proposed activities
1- Development of a national hypertension data bank containing the following information:
A- Epidemiologic data:
2- Planning, design, execution and monitoring of the hypertension education programs
for the physician and the public.
1. Hypertension prevalence, awareness, treatment and control rates.
B - Antihypertensive drugs information:
2. Hypertension risk factors.
3. Hypertensive complications.
4. Other cardiovascular risk factors.
5. Physician and public knowledge and attitudes towards hypertension.
6. Patients compliance.
1. Available drugs in Egyptian market.
C - Research information:
2. Prescription information.
1. Ongoing hypertension research in Egyptian institutions.
2. Completed or published hypertension research in Egypt.
3. Current international hypertension research that can be applied in Egyptian institutions.
4. Recent tends in hypertension prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
3- Create community awareness of hypertension through the production and dissemination
of printed material in corporation with media and policy planners.
4- Design, preparation and production of the educational material which includes:
lectures, pamphlets, booklets, posters, slides, tapes, video tapes.
5- Establish and run a reference hypertension library for physicians.
6- Write and publish hypertension consensus reports and guidelines.
7- Planning, designing, execution and monitoring of hypertension population based
8- Web site : www.EHS-Egypt.net The web site includes scientific news and educational
9- Arranging meetings and educational courses.